Resolving issues with installation and use of SMART Learning Suite software on macOS Catalina
Endret: Tue, 4 Feb, 2020 at 9:11 AM
Apple has added privacy-protection features to macOS Catalina that are similiar to those added to macOS Mojave. Mac applications must request permission before they can access certain data, and some of these permissions require explicit approval from the user.
Catalina's new protection features might cause issues with SMART Learning Suite software during installation or use. Although you can use a SMART Board pen to write or draw normally on the Desktop or within SMART Notebook, a number of features will not work correctly:
- Using your finger to interact with the desktop won't work: the mouse cursor follows your finger, but you can't interact with Finder windows or select items by tapping.
- The macOS System Menu and SMART Notebook toolbars and dialog boxes won't respond to touch.
Follow the procedures in this article to resolve these issues.
The SMART Board doesn’t respond to touch or writing with a pen. The following messages can also appear:
- “SMARTBoardService” would like to control this computer using accessibility features.
- “Notebook” would like to control this computer using accessibility features.
Complete the following procedure (Administrator privileges required):
- When the Accessibility Access (Events) messages appear, click Open System Preferences.
Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Select the Privacy tab, and then select Accessibility in the panel on the left.
- Click the lock icon and enter the administrator account username and password if prompted. Click OK.
- If Notebook or SMARTBoardService don’t appear in the accessibility list on the right, go to step 5.
If Notebook and SMARTBoardService already appear in the accessibility list:
- Select Notebook and remove it by pressing the minus (-) icon.
- Select SMARTBoardService and remove it by pressing the minus (-) icon.
- Proceed to step 5.
- Go to Finder > Applications > SMART Technologies.
- Drag the Notebook application from the Finder window to the accessibility list on the right.
- Select the check box next to the Notebook application.
- In the Finder window, right-click SMART Settings > Show Package Contents > Contents.
The Finder window changes to display a single Contents folder.
- Open Contents > MacOS to display a list of SMART applications.
- Drag SMARTBoardService application from the Finder window to the accessibility list on the right.
- Select the check box next to SMARTBoardService, and then restart the computer.
You should now be able to use your SMART Board normally.
Text may appear blurred in the SMART Notebook Activation window and in other SMART applications.
- Open macOS System Preferences.
- Open the General area.
- Clear the Use font smoothing when available check box.
Var dette svaret til hjelp?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.